The water cooler is the central hub of the workplace. We visit it throughout the day to quench our thirst and catch up on the latest office news. And while we know that drinking water throughout the work day is good for us, we don’t think much about the source of our water. If you’re in the market for a water cooler, now is a good time to compare the options available to you. In this month’s blog, the Secondwind Water Systems team discuss the differences between traditional bottled water coolers and POU (point of use) or bottleless water coolers.
Traditional Bottled Water Coolers
Most of us are familiar with traditional bottled water coolers. With this type of cooler, a 5-gallon plastic jug of water rests on top. Water is cooled and heated using electricity, and dispensed with a lever below. Although this type of water cooler might have a slightly lower upfront cost, it can’t compete with the many advantages bottleless water cooler offer. Bottleless water coolers are directly connected to your water system, providing a virtually endless supply of drinking water. Because water is delivered on demand, there is no need to store it in a large, plastic jug.
Advantages of POU or Bottleless Water Coolers
- Unlimited water supply: Since your water cooler is directly connected to your plumbing, drinking water is always available.
- Purity: Instead of being stored in a chemical-leaching plastic bottle, pure, clean, fresh drinking water is dispensed every time you use your POU system. If you have a filtered water or reverse osmosis system, your bottleless water cooler can be easily connected to it.
- Contaminant-Free: With a bottled water system, every time a water jug is changed, both the water in the bottle and the cooler reservoir are exposed to contaminants, including dust, dirt, and micro-organisms—YUCK! Because a POU system is closed, you can be confident that you’re drinking contaminant-free water.
- Lower Long-Term Costs: With bottleless water coolers, you avoid the ongoing cost of weekly or monthly bottle deliveries.
- Convenience: No one has to lift any heavy water jugs or worry about where to store them. Just change your POU filter as needed and you’re good to go!
- Eco-Friendly: By using a bottleless water system, you’ll help reduce the amount of plastic that’s clogging up landfills and polluting our oceans. In fact, using a POU water cooler can prevent up to 900 five-gallon water bottles from entering landfills each year.
Bottleless Water Coolers in NH
A point of use (POU) water cooler system ensures that your employees have a virtually endless supply of fresh, clean drinking water—without the hassles of traditional water coolers. Contact the Secondwind Water Systems team today to discuss which type of bottleless water cooler is best for your needs.