Is a Kinetico water system worth the cost?
“Is a Kinetico water system worth the cost?” is a question Secondwind’s water experts get regularly. There’s an old adage, you get what you pay for.
Are these important to you?
- Water that’s free of both natural and manmade issues
- Water that tastes better
- Water that works better in your plumbing and appliances
- Water that makes skin and clothes feel better
If you answered yes to any of these, then would you also say yes to the question: is a Kinetico water system worth the cost? Yes, a Kinetico water softener may cost more than other brands, but we’ve seen customers talk with us about Kinetico, ultimately choose another system from a competitor, and come back to us a couple years later upgrading to Kinetico.
A saying around here is, “All roads lead to Secondwind.” What we mean is there are people that might not buy from us the first time around. Then, when that product doesn’t meet their expectations, they call us back and go on to become a repeat customer.
You can spend less money installing a system and have to install another system after a handful of years OR you can invest in Kinetico and only have to do it once.
We’re confident recommending Kinetico water systems for water softening and water filtration, and our customers are confident recommending us. About 70% of our residential customers come from referrals. We also estimate that over 90% of our residential customers end up purchasing a Kinetico water system from us.
Secondwind takes a lot of pride in our large residential customer base.
Kinetico water system seen on TV
Mike Holmes is a popular Canadian home builder/TV personality, and his show “Holmes Family Rescue,” features Kinetico water systems.
“I want people to be aware of what’s in their homes, and how to improve and protect these things – like their water. I am excited to partner up with Kinetico to help homeowners understand the importance of having their water analyzed and diagnosed by a water professional and then lead them to Kinetico’s reliable and customized solutions to treat their water,” said Mike Holmes.
Proper maintenance saves you money
Our water experts explain to customers that one reason Kinetico is worth the cost is about efficiency. For example, a Kinetico water softener cuts your salt consumption by about 70%.
When you’re using 70% less salt, that’s 70% less time that you’re going to the store to buy more and going down into your basement unloading a 40-pound bag of salt.
Because of those efficiencies, Secondwind is not knocking on your door for service every year. We’re only going to be out every five years. Kinetico systems last 20 years or longer.
Kinetico RO drinking water system
- Installed in the basement or under the kitchen sink, with the purified water feeding a separate designer tap and the refrigerator/ice maker if desired.
- A pre and post filter, a reverse osmosis membrane and two additional ports for auxiliary treatment of local issues such as arsenic or MtBE, or for the addition of beneficial calcium minerals.
- The unique tank design allows the system to refill faster and deliver water under better pressure than any other RO system, without the need for a booster pump.
- Kinetico’s unique MACGuard filter which counts the gallons of water used and shuts the system off when it is time for a filter change.
- Kinetico’s unique EverClean Rinse which increases water quality and membrane life.
If you’re going to be in your home for a long time and you like quality products and quality service, Kinetico is the way to go – and worth the cost. Our team is happy to answer any questions you have about Kinetico.