When Secondwind Water Systems manages your small public water system, we take away any worry you have about complying with complex state and federal reporting standards. We act as your advocate, representing you and your system in all matters concerning operation, health, water quality and compliance. And while all of this is of great importance, it’s not something you can physically see. But what you CAN see is the level of care, attention to detail, and quality of service we provide when we manage the physical components of your public water system.
In this month’s blog we take a look at what we call our Signature PWS—or the quality we maintain at all of the pump stations we manage. Every Secondwind team member who is involved in managing your public water system is expected to uphold the standards of our Signature PWS. It’s what sets us apart from others in our industry.
What Does Your Pump Station Look Like?
As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words…One of the best ways to demonstrate the quality of service the Secondwind team provides is to share pictures of what a pump house should and should not look like.
Pump houses like these can put your operation and safety of your public water system at risk.
Proper Pump House Maintenance
In order to maintain the safe and proper functioning of your public water system, Secondwind Water Systems ensures the following:
- All pump house equipment is clean and free of rust and dust.
- Space is clean and free of dust, debris, insects, and rodents.
- Switches and their functions are clearly labeled.
- Switches and alarm lights are working.
- Your pump house is properly insulated and ventilated.
- There is a clear pump house and well head path.
- The area around your pump house and storage tank is clear.
- Entrance to pump house is safe and easily accessible.
- Your work area and system area are clear of any non-essential items.
- Your well is at proper height, and is sealed, dry. and sanitary.
- There is no moisture in your pump house.
- There are no signs of deterioration on your walls or ceiling.
NH Certified Public Water Systems Operators
If you need help managing your public water system, Secondwind’s NH Certified Public Water Operators can thoroughly evaluate your site and design a customized solution just for you. We manage any studies, permitting, and approval processes, saving you time, and allowing you to focus on your priorities.
Public Water System Treatment Design, Management, and Compliance
When you hire Secondwind to operate your public water supply, we create a personalized plan for you that can range from a simple, safe operations plan to a comprehensive 24/7 facilities management plan. From simple systems, to complex, you can count on us to be your single point of contact for your water system. We are also happy to work with your current operator to create a plan that will make water quality management something you can check off of your list. Contact us today for a FREE site evaluation.